Thursday, May 27, 2010

Carnations

I had good intentions for all of my Mother's Day cards. I was going to make each person a card with their favorite flower on them. I started working on making carnation svg files for my grandma's card, but since I procrastinated too long, I ended up giving them all orchid cards. Oops! This carnation is very intricate, and somewhat difficult to piece together. But it's more realistic looking. A trick I found helpful when putting the petal pieces on was to use the outer part that I was about to throw away as a stencil. I glued the first petal on where it should go, and then placed my stencil piece over that and stuck the other pieces in like a jigsaw puzzle. It turned out great, but was tedious.
This one is more simple, and less carnation looking. This one would be hard to mess up. Trust me, I've tried. :D

Click on the pictures to download the svg files. Thanks for looking! I love your comments. Seriously sick of junk mail!

1 comment:

  1. Can you make the link to the three-flower carnation work or send me the SVG file? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete