Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Cards

Today I'm posting actual projects that I've done this week. These are the Mother's Day cards that I made for my mom, grandmas, and aunts.

On this one, I used the 'fold-it flowers' that I found on Penny Duncan Creations. It took me a while, and a few ruined flowers to figure out exactly how to fold them, but I was pretty happy with the results.




I knew that the orchid is my mom's favorite flower, and wanted to make her an orchid card. My plan was to make all of my cards the favorite flower of the recipient, but I cut out about a dozen orchids, and kinda ran out of time, so lots of them got these. This is the first orchid file that I worked on. I like it, but the edges of the base layer are very thin, and rip easily.


This card is made with the second orchid file that I made. I really like the way this one turned out. I even made my first attempt at inking the edges of the pieces! Go easy on me. I'm new at this! lol
Here are the svg files for both of the orchids

3 comments:

  1. hello, I wAS looking all over for orchids and I find yours.I can't download them.Can you send me them bye email? thank you so much for your kindness!!!

    ReplyDelete